KYOCERA Has Acquired 100% Ownership of SENCO, a U.S.-based Manufacturer of Fastening Tools and Fasteners
Acquisition expands KYOCERA’s fastening tools business in residential, commercial, manufacturing and construction applications
08 August 2017
Kyoto/London – Kyocera Corporation (President: Hideo Tanimoto) announced that it has acquired 100% ownership of fastener and tool manufacturer SENCO Holdings, Inc. (CEO: Benjamin Johansen), based in Cincinnati, Ohio, as of August 7. The enterprise has been renamed KYOCERA SENCO Industrial Tools, Inc.
SENCO, established in 1948, is a leader in creating fasteners and power fastening tools for residential, commercial, manufacturing and construction applications. SENCO is renowned for its excellent product quality and diverse line, which includes pneumatic and electric nailers, staplers, screw systems and compressors, as well as nails, staples, screws and specialty fasteners. SENCO’s manufacturing and marketing are concentrated in the U.S. and Europe, with products sold in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Kyocera entered the industrial tools market in the 1970s with a line of high-speed metal processing tools, and has steadily expanded into precision tools for electronics, aerospace, automotive, medical and woodworking applications. Kyocera’s 2011 acquisition of the Unimerco Group in Europe (now Kyocera Unimerco) added a fastening tool product line that promises excellent synergies with SENCO’s longstanding expertise in the fastening tools and fasteners market. With the acquisition of SENCO, Kyocera plans to increase its sales of fastening tools and fasteners to JPY40 billion (about 362 million USD) by the fiscal year ending March 31, 2021.
About SENCO Holdings, Inc.
|Company name||SENCO Holdings, Inc.|
|CEO||Benjamin C. Johansen|
|Global headquarters||Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.|
|Main business||Manufacture and sales of power fastening tools and fasteners|
|Employees||569 (as of March 31, 2017)|
- Approval of Kyocera’s Acquisition of the Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH complete
- Kyocera Document Solutions unveils a renewed brand identity – aligned with the iconic company’s vision for the years ahead
- Kyocera to Build New Facility in Shiga, Japan to Produce Automated Equipment for “Smart Factory”
- Kyocera is set to exhibit at Ceramics UK
- Kyocera set to present its innovations - cordierite and many other fine ceramic components - at this year’s Hannover Messe
- Kyocera and LO3 ENERGY to Demonstrate Blockchain-Managed Virtual Power Plant
- Kyocera Named Among Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- Important Safety Warning regarding Paper Feeder (PF-410).
- Important field information regarding A3 Mono Copier.
- Kyocera to Acquire 100% Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH, a Germany-based Manufacturer of Advanced Ceramics
- KYOCERA launches new line-up of secure and user-friendly A3 TASKalfa devices
- Sharp and sustainable: Kyocera presents its high-quality knives in new packaging
- Kyocera Receives Japan’s Environment Minister’s Award for Record 9th Consecutive Year
- Kyocera to Participate in Self-Driving Bus Test Project on JR East BR Lines
- Innovative, durable, and beautiful: Kyocera presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham from November 29 – December 2, 2018.
Manager Corporate Communications