KYOCERA’s New Industrial Cutting Tool with Ultra-Durable Coating Materials Maximizes Steel Cutting Performance
New CA025P CVD coating technology and base material with excellent durability ensures long-term cutting performance for automotive and industrial machining
10 May 2018
Kyoto/London – Kyocera announced today that it has developed a new ultra-durable coating technology and base material for indexable industrial cutting tool inserts to improve steel machining. The new CA025P CVD Coated Carbide grade will be available to the European market from the middle of May 2018.
Steel is often used in numerous industries including automotive and industrial machining. There is a growing demand for long-lasting inserts with excellent resistance against wear, fracturing and chipping capable of stable machining performance over a wide range of cutting conditions. Kyocera’s new industrial cutting tool series features multilayer CVD coatings with a layer using a thick film of aluminum oxide (Al2O3) for excellent heat resistance. Utilizing cemented carbide as a base material ensures excellent fracture resistance, long-term performance, and longer tool life. These new cutting tools can accommodate a wide range of machining applications from roughing to finishing by using a variety of chipbreakers. Kyocera aims to support customers by reducing the frequency of insert replacements and improving production yield.
|Complete number of insert types||74|
|Recommended application||Interrupted to continuous machining|
|Annual sales target||300 million yen|
|Production facility||Kagoshima Sendai Plant|
1. New CVD coating with enhanced chipping and wear resistance
The thick film aluminum oxide (Al2O3) with excellent heat resistance is applied to the new base material as one of its coating layers. This material ensures longer tool life by reducing the amount of wear. During the cutting process, the unique surface structure of the coating resists welding and chipping of the insert.
2. New base material ensures excellent fracture resistance
The optimized composition of the cemented carbide base material is resistant to high temperatures. This helps prevent fracturing of the insert.
3. A wide range of applications with four chipbreaker styles
The new CVD inserts can accommodate a wide range of steel machining applications from roughing to finishing with the availability of four different chipbreaker styles (PG, GS, PQ, and PP).
|PG||Medium to roughing (recommended for interrupted machining)||Excellent chip control and a tough cutting edge provides stable machining|
|GS||Medium to roughing (recommended for continuous machining)||Low resistance with complex land|
|PQ||Finishing to medium||Prevents chip clogging and lowers cutting resistance during high feed machining|
|PP||Finishing||Prevents chip clogging and chip recutting at higher feed rates and small depths of cut|
For more information on KYOCERA: www.kyocera.eu
- Kyocera Targets 30 % Greenhouse Gas Reduction by 2030, Recognized by Science Based Targets Initiative
- Kyocera and BYD Japan to Collaborate on Integrated Energy System for Electric Vehicles
- Announcement of the 2019 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- Kyocera to Acquire Advanced Ceramic Business of Germany-based Friatec GmbH
- Kyocera to Acquire SouthernCarlson, Inc., a US-based Distributor of Fasteners, Tools, and Packaging
- Kyocera Display Europe GmbH becomes Kyocera Automotive and Industrial Solutions GmbH
- Approval of Kyocera’s Acquisition of the Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH complete
- Kyocera Document Solutions unveils a renewed brand identity – aligned with the iconic company’s vision for the years ahead
- Kyocera to Build New Facility in Shiga, Japan to Produce Automated Equipment for “Smart Factory”
- Kyocera is set to exhibit at Ceramics UK
- Kyocera set to present its innovations - cordierite and many other fine ceramic components - at this year’s Hannover Messe
- Kyocera and LO3 ENERGY to Demonstrate Blockchain-Managed Virtual Power Plant
- Kyocera Named Among Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- Important Safety Warning regarding Paper Feeder (PF-410).
- Important field information regarding A3 Mono Copier.
Manager Corporate Communications